Re: acroread, ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: acroread, ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.
- From: Micha Feigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:59:47 +0300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:07:10 -0400
"H.S." <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Since last few days at least, I am getting this error when I try to
> start acroread:
> $> acroread
> ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.
> This is on Debian Testing, fully updated, and acroread 8.1.3-0.0. I have
> taken a look at the other current thread on acroread, I am sure if this
> is the same problem or even related.
> I have tried removing .acroread, that made no difference.
> Anybody know what is going on?
I didn't test the option in the thread of changing reader version to match, but
make sure that acroread and acroread-data are the same version and that
acroread-debian-whatever is version 0.32. should solve the problem