Re: Debian won't boot

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 15:44:06 Kent West wrote:
> how's a newbie who
> has been in Windows-land all his life and has just heard about this
> Debian thingy supposed to know what to do with this? He's just been told
> to download the Debian LiveCD as a try-it-out demo, but he's clueless.
> I'm not a newbie, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which LiveCD
> image to download.

FWIW, I recommend the one for your favourite desktop (provided it is there)
and, if you want only one, then the i386.  64 bit processors can use 32 bit.
The reverse is not true.

Mind you, it is a brave Windows fugitive who goes straight to Debian!  I
stared with one that hand-held a bit more.

Again, for what it is worth, I keep a little pile of different Live CDs.  I
find that it is horses for courses.

HTH
Lisi