Re: To synchronize system time witn NTP-server with no winter time shift whole year - how to?

Paul E Condon writes:
> I'm not OP, but I think I also want what, I believe, he wants, namely: A
> locale that I can select that will give me text displays of the time, and
> text displays of file mtimes that do not mention, or use, summer time,
> ever.

You can configure your timezone independently of your locale.  See my
environment variables grouped for convenience.

> For me, summer-time has always been something of an annoyance.

For me "Daylight Savings Time" has always been idiocy.

BTW your "file mtimes" are stored in Unix time and converted to your
timezone for display.

--
John Hasler