Re: thunderbird and evolution

On 2009-03-29 09:55, Paul E Condon wrote:
On 2009-03-28 23:31, Paul E Condon wrote:
[snip]
Daniel, A word of caution about imap. I have been following the mutt-users
list recently. There is a lot of traffic about getting mutt to work with
imap. It seems to be possible for persons expert in both imap and mutt to
do it, but if your first choice MUA is mutt, and you are looking for advice
about use evo/tbird without letting them mess up your mutt mail setup, switching to imap doesn't seem to me to be a step you will be happy with.

At least read a bit of the mutt-users list archives before you try it.
Really? With these .muttrc entries, accessing IMAP stores is trivial and seamless.

$ cat .muttrc | grep imap
set imap_user=me
set spoolfile=imap://haggis/INBOX
set folder=imap://haggis/INBOX.
set record=imap://haggis/INBOX/Sent

(Yes, yes, I know, excess use of "cat". Well, I don't care! The search phrase should go at the end of the line, not in the middle!)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Ron, I submit that your simple solution

I copied it "verbatim" from someone else on d-u.

                                        is not widely known within
the mutt user community.

That's pretty scary.

--