Re: Window Borders, Title Bars, etc. Missing in Lenny w/ KDE

On Mar 8, 2009, at 5:39 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Hal Vaughan wrote:
On Mar 7, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

Sounds to me you are missing the package "kwin" the KDE window manager.

That's what I thought, but it's there and reconfiguring it didn't help.

Since it's a new system I stopped and realized if I re-installed, I could do that while doing other work, so the total time on that would be less spent than if I kept trying to track it down, so I just wiped the disk and reinstalled and it worked.

I know it's to late to run it now but I'm wondering if you tried to run "kpersonalizer" and/or the kde theme manager?

Yes, I tried it. I figured if I set a new theme or new window decorations in KControl, that it might trigger a setting that got messed up.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times installing any package on Debian has gone bad, but this seems to be one of them. For some reason, it just didn't work and even dpkg-reconfigure didn't help.

Hal