Re: Window Borders, Title Bars, etc. Missing in Lenny w/ KDE

Hal Vaughan wrote:
I installed Lenny on one system, then did "apt-get install kdebase kdm" and everything went fine.

I had to take that system down (it was more for testing anyway) and just set up a new one and did the same thing, but now, in KDE, all the window borders, sliders, title bars, and such are missing.

Do I need to install another package (I also installed kdecore on this one)? what happened that this is a problem only on one system but wasn't on the first one?

Thanks for any help on this!

Sounds to me you are missing the package "kwin" the  KDE window manager.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263