Re: top-posting

> Top-posting doesn't bother me and I actually find it easier to follow,
> possibly because I used to work in support. Top-posting to unix geeks is the
> equivalent of killing a small child's puppy. I never understood the rage
> that top-posting produces, and seriously, "top posters should be shot at
> dawn," one guy says, that just makes me want to do it more. Maybe if someone
> with some actual communication skills (rare in the linux 'community') had
> asked/told politely the first time I would have just not done it.

Yes, there are those who over react. And no, I didn't killfile you!

> The only reason I responded or "gloated" as you say to Steve was because of
> the overall tone of his first response. There was nothing trollish about it.

I didn't even see that first response of his, only your troll. And
yes, it was a troll.

> If someone is making inflammatory remarks to you, chances are you are going
> to be a jerk to them.

No, that is not right. Where I live, our neighbors blow up on our city
buses and shoot at us during our holiday celebrations. How do we
respond? We give them food, fuel, and work. Of course, in the
extraordinary event that we do respond violently, the international
community reports only on our response and not on the initial attacks.
Just like I had seen only your post, and not Steve's. Know that that
is likely to happen before you decide to be violent or troll.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü