Re: Adding installed packages to menu

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 01:16:31AM +0900, Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> was heard to say:
> bret@bretnewworkstation:~$ cat
> /usr/share/applications/flightgear.desktop
> cat: /usr/share/applications/flightgear.desktop: No such file or
> directory

  Looks like you don't have that file at all.

> From history in Synaptic;
>
> "Commit Log for Mon Mar  2 13:41:22 2009
>

> Installed the following packages:
> fgfs-base (0.9.10-1)
> flightgear (0.9.10-2)
              ^^^^^^^^

  That's the package from etch, which is now obsolete.  I went through
the Contents files for etch, and indeed it didn't contain a .desktop
file.  If you look at the changelog file, you'll find:

flightgear (1.0.0-2) unstable; urgency=low
  (...)
  * Added flightgear.desktop file by Lukas Fittl. Closes: #409683.
  (...)
 -- Ove Kaaven <ovek@arcticnet.no>  Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:13:54 +0200

  So this was fixed in the current release of Debian.

  Daniel