Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?

Jimmy Johnson wrote:>>> Why do you flame me, maybe you think it's better
to recommend Sidux or
>>> Ubuntu? <G>

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:>> I didn't intend to flame you, I am sorry if I
sounded like that.

>> If you don't want a flame, please stop yours as well. I just gave my
>> opinion, you gave yours. I don't understand why you take to personal
>> attacks.

Jimmy Johnson wrote:> This was the first paragraph in your post and was a
personal attack.

> "> May I remind you that this is a list for 'discussion among debian
> users'?"
>
> So you don't know that I'm a long time Debian user, you don't know that
> Mepis is Debian based, maybe you don't know much of anything, but you
> keep typing and giving your opinion and now you tell me not to take it
> personal.
>
> Maybe you should stop attacking people that post to this list.
>
> And whats with that "YMMV"? Seems to me it's nothing more than a way to
> cover your ignorance.
>
> You want to apologize, well then apologize, but don't you dare keep
> shoving this flame war back on me.
>
> And that's my humble opinion, friend.

What he did was not a flame, the manner in which you responded certainly
did look like a flame to me. Sure, in an OT thread he didn't need to
mention that this was a Debian related list but it seemed harmless that he
did mention that, not something to get ones ego in a twist about. It
seemed to me he was mostly suggesting that Debian would do everything
mentioned, if used as it was intended to be used, that it wasn't necessary
to change to a different OS or derivative . That had the potential to be
useful information for the OP and on topic for the question. In addition,
your opinion doesn't look very humble, what you wrote seemed to be an
arrogant attack. Now I think it possible you will flame me for pointing
this out to you. Please don't. And, please notice the difference between
asking, "please don't" and writing, "don't you dare".