Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

Jimmy Johnson wrote:
I have three 64bit systems here and all running Mepis 8.0 64bit, things
like flash and YouTube are preconfigured and will work straight out of
the box. Here's a link to the Mepis 8.0 User's Manual:
www.mepislovers.org/forums/user_manual8/ enjoy.

May I remind you that this is a list for 'discussion among debian users'?

I'm a seven year Debian user and Debian tester, besides that Mepis is Debian Lenny based and uses the Lenny repos, maybe you didn't read the tread but Dean wanted to try something different and I recommended a distro that I have been testing for over six years and if there was something wrong with Mepis 8.0 I would not recommend it and maybe someday Dean will want to use Debian like I do, but until then I recommend the next best thing, not everybody can pickup Debian and configure it for everyday use without learning something first and what is a better way to learn Debian than to use a Debian distro that is already configured.

Why do you flame me, maybe you think it's better to recommend Sidux or Ubuntu? <G>

YMMV. Just my 2ct.

You don't want to know how much I think your 2ct is worth and you don't want to know the words I have removed from this post before I press the send button. ;)

Peace out,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.