Re: [OT] Gmail & my replies to this list

Andrew McGlashan wrote:

IMAP folders works strangely too... the [Gmail] folder is weird in itself. To delete messages properly from the "Inbox", I need to drag them to the "Trash" folder and then delete them [and do a purge].

You do? Doesn't work that way for me. I have my Thunderbird (er ... Icedove) trash set to [Gmail]/Trash, so whenever I delete an email, it goes right to the trash, like it's supposed to. GMail, by default, keeps emails in the trash for 30 days from the date they were marked for deletion, then they go away forever. I'm not sure if that behavior can be modified; I've never tried since it suits me. I know, at least, you can permanently delete the trashed mail on the web interface anytime you want. I suppose it would also work from Thunderbird, but I haven't tried that.

Michael M.