Re: Please brainstorm: Word-processor compatible with version control

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:25:55 +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> If you work with latex in an editor, most do line wrapping without
> inserting line breaks, although you would probably need to work with the
> editor at a sane width so lines won't wrap across the whole screen.
>
> I just looked at the lyx source file and it does line wrapping so it may
> no do what you want, but as it depends on the number of charachters and
> not character width (should be the same using fixed width fonts in any
> editor), just changing a letter should change line breaking, adding one
> is another issue.

It's OK if it wraps on  the screen.  It's not so OK if it dies it in the
file.
 But it also needs to break lines at points that do not change with small
edits, so the version control system can distinguish independent changes
that are close together.

Or maybe it's revision control systems that need to change.  Know any
that *don't* diff and merge entire lines?

-- hendrik