Re: aptitude

consultores1 wrote:
Situation: (Sid-Kde)

1 week ago, aptitude could not connect to a server in Canada; then I
changed to US server, and aptitude misbehave working.

Now, I dont have Internet connection anymore; I have tried with
ifconfig/iwconfig/iwlist/dhcpcd/dhclient and I can not stay connected.

Strangely, I can do scans, but i can not be connected.

How can I resolve this situation?
How can I have again sid-kde as if it were recently installed? the
default installation.

PS:
apt-listbugs is not working, and Open Office has been remove from my OS
as many other packages.

With Sid/unstable you need to do "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" also known as "Safe Upgrade" or "Default Upgrade", better yet use Synaptic and don't do the "Smart Upgrade" by default.

And yes, Sid is currently broken and is the case with Sid, sorry I can't fix your mess, but, now you have the information you need to keep it from happening again.

I hope that helped.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.