Re: Update Manager

Title: Re: Update Manager

John Lindsay wrote:
> Thierry Chatelet wrote:
>>> John
>>>

>> Hi John,
>> Dont use reply to and change the subject of the thread, this does not
>> start a new thread, but goes into the one you are therefore
>> "highjacking". To start a new thread, you have to create a new message.
>> Thierry
>>

> My apologies to the group. I did not realize that a 'reply' and a change
> of subject  would be considered highjacking. I've been doing this for
> some time now as a quick way to send out a request for help which may
> explain why some of my requests have been generally ignored. This is
> actually the first time someone has advised me of my error. I certainly
> will not repeat my error.

Is case it wasn't clear, although you changed the subject text, the reply
message you created still pointed (using header fields you don't normally
see) to the message you replied to.  That link between messages caused
you message about a new subject to be listed as being related to the
message about the old subject (at least in mail software or webmail pages that
show "threading" using those headers).

Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]