Re: Debian Lenny Based SimplyMEPIS 8.0 is Released

Neil Ellwood wrote:

> Personally I haven't found anything easier than Debian and it is more reliable than anything else I have tried. Why use a derivative when the original is marvellous?

Hi Neil, I'm along time Debian user (7 years) and if there was something wrong with Mepis I would not suggest you trying it, saying that, Mepis has one click tools that Debian don't have, like it will repair grub for you with a click or reinstall a working x-configuration for you with a click, install and save /home with a click, add and remove users with a click, check file-systems with a click, the list goes on... Sure these things can be done without "One Click Linux", but why?

One day the "Debian Live CD Project" may create such a live cd but not today. :)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263