Re: application like iPhoto on Debian GNU/Linux Etch?

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:00:39PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:

> My special problem is a family in which there are people with Mac( and
> iPhoto), and Windows, and me (with Debian). I want something that
> works reasonably well on all three. And for which moving picture files
> among the three is trivial. For this, iPhoto is not an answer. Digikam
> is a candidate, but it is not Mac compatible, SFAIK. But all these
> practical restrictions are subject to future developments, so none of
> these opinions are likely to stand the test of time.
>
> Also one family member has only 56kB modem access to the internet, so
> picture sharing on the internet is not an option (for me).

I am using a Macbook also.  My main repository of photo's is on a
Linux PC.  The recent Picasa runs well on both operating systems and
can be some sort of compromise.  In my view Picasa is better than
iPhoto.  I have made trivial 'moving slideshows' with Picasa also.
If you don't like Picasa's way of doing this, it is easy to export the
photo's you want to use and build a slidehow on the Mac with the mac
tools.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my
      path."           Psalms 119:105