Re: application like iPhoto on Debian GNU/Linux Etch?

On 2009-02-15_23:09:10, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an application on the Debian GNU/Linux Etch like iPhoto on
> the Mac OS X operating system?
>
> With it one can to import some rendered images and make a movie with
> the File / Export command.

I spent a half hour today looking at Picasa for Linux. I prefer it to
iPhoto and am intending to install it on my daughter's Mac. I already
know that it plays much more nicely with non-Mac systems than iPhoto.

It also appears to have algorithms whose CPU usage don't scale with
the cube of the picture library size. IOW, its not really like iPhoto,
it lacks some of the klunkiness.

Picasa is a Google freebie. Free as in beer, not as in speech.

HTH
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net