Re: application like iPhoto on Debian GNU/Linux Etch?

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:21:26AM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> On 2009-02-15_23:09:10, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there an application on the Debian GNU/Linux Etch like iPhoto on
> > the Mac OS X operating system?
> >
> > With it one can to import some rendered images and make a movie with
> > the File / Export command.
> >

> I spent a half hour today looking at Picasa for Linux. I prefer it to
> iPhoto and am intending to install it on my daughter's Mac. I already
> know that it plays much more nicely with non-Mac systems than iPhoto.

You can also look at digikam, kphotoalbum and f-spot.  I use f-spot a
lot and it is improving with every new version.  Digikam and
kphotoalbum has some other advantages.

You can also look at qdvdauthor to create movies from a selection of
images.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
      for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God
      may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good
      works."         II Timothy 3:16,17