Re: lvm2 and e2fsck

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/23/2009 01:52 AM, Mark Allums wrote:
[snip]

0. I have lvm2 running on top of Linux md RAID, and don't actually have any ext4 file sytem partitions to check, so that particular fsck command was destined to fail. But it shows it's there, when it's needed

Except this was a virgin fs, with extents enabled.

No, no, I mean *my* output from running the program must show failure. I edited out the rest of the output, all about having a bad superblock, and all. There is no /dev/sda2 on my system.

If *your* ext4 system is screwed up, I would guess something in the chain is not there yet. I have a Debian kernel-experimental 2.28.1-1 (2.28.1-2) kernel running, but I have yet to create a ext4 partition. If I tried it, I think I would start on a bare metal drive, no mdraid or lvm to complicate things. In theory, shouldn't matter, in practice...

MArk Allums