Re: Bug Report Advice - Segmentation fault crashes mouse service

* Chris Hosea (chris.hosea@gmail.com) [23.02.09 07:33]:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to report a bug, but I'm not sure what package or location I should
> list it under. I would greatly appreciate your advice as to where this bug
> should be posted.
>
> Here is the description:
>
> --
>
> I ran a program that I compiled from a makefile (SDLmame 0.129u4) from bash
> in Konsole. The program experienced a segmentation fault and returned me to
> the shell.

Since this isn't a Debian package: File a bug to upstream...

> The mouse service no longer functions after the segfault and
> neither a laptop touchpad or USB mouse will move the mouse cursor. The
> keyboard still functions. Here is a transcript:
>
> $ ./mame
> Segmentation fault
>
> I suggest that after a segfault in a program occurs that it does not crash
> the mouse service.

Well, if the program utilizes the mouse, and I'm quite sure it does,
there is no way to assure that any error will not take the mouse down.
Especially a segmentation fault...

> I am using Debian GNU/Linux 5.0, kernel 2.6.26-1-686 and libc-2.7.so
>
> --
>
> Thank you,
> -Chris Hosea

HTH
Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER         mailto:samson@guenther-roetgen.de