Re: VirtualBox on lenny

Harry Putnam wrote:
> Googling about virtualbox on debian.. I see only older information.
> Looks like the wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox
> Appear to be somewhat old too and only goes up to etch. Other stuff
> shows its from 2007.  I know VirtualBox is under very active
> development so wondered if things may have changed since that wiki was
> posted.
>
> aptitude search virtualbox shows a bewildering array of packages with
> virutalbox in the name... but I see no version numbers.
>
> Anyway, is there a recent outline about how to do this somewhere?
>
> Or any posters here have VirtualBox running on lenny that can say how
> they did it?

Depending on where you land on the proprietary vs. free scale you might
be comfortable with using the proprietary version of VirtualBox (after
reading the license carefully so you know whether your usage is covered,
of course).  They have a repo for it:

  deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts