Re: VirtualBox on lenny

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:28:29 +0000
Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
> > Googling about virtualbox on debian.. I see only older information.
> > Looks like the wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox
> > Appear to be somewhat old too and only goes up to etch. Other stuff
> > shows its from 2007.  I know VirtualBox is under very active
> > development so wondered if things may have changed since that wiki was
> > posted.
> >
> > aptitude search virtualbox shows a bewildering array of packages with
> > virutalbox in the name... but I see no version numbers.
> >
> > Anyway, is there a recent outline about how to do this somewhere?
> >
> > Or any posters here have VirtualBox running on lenny that can say how
> > they did it?
>
> Depending on where you land on the proprietary vs. free scale you might
> be comfortable with using the proprietary version of VirtualBox (after
> reading the license carefully so you know whether your usage is covered,
> of course).  They have a repo for it:
>
>   deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free
>
> /M

I tried installing that but for some reason after running windows in a box
(which seems to be running rather nicely in initial tests) the color settings
are messed up. Opening lyx for example, it runs using 4 colors and a messed up
pallet. opening windows again makes it run with weird colors when in focus and
correct colors when not in focus.