Re: VirtualBox on lenny

Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> Try installing from virtualbox own repo to get the latest
> (2.1.4). Check http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

After inserting a `virtual.list' in /etc/apt/sources.list.d containing
  deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lenny non-free
And running `aptitude update'

I get an error I'll show a the end but I'm a little confused by the
versions that now appear in `aptitude search virtualbox'

   p   virtualbox            - Sun xVM VirtualBox
   p   virtualbox-2.0        - Sun xVM VirtualBox
   p   virtualbox-2.1        - Sun xVM VirtualBox

Is that last one, virtualbox-2.1, the 2.1.4 version you mentioned?
Does debian show the versioning differently than Sun?

Error from running `aptitude update'

  [...]
  Fetched 2283B in 3s (573B/s)
  Reading package lists... Done

  W: GPG error: http://download.virtualbox.org lenny Release: The
  following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
  not available: NO_PUBKEY DCF9F87B6DFBCBAE

But of course following the advice given there does NOT fix it.