Re: digital camera recomendations

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:14:55 -0500, mitch <debianuser@mll.dissimulo.com> wrote:

> I work at a nationwide chain of Camera/Imaging stores.
>
> AA batteries are used in Nikon, Canon and Fuji's and Panasonic. Best to
> go with rechargeable batteries.

    Also some Pentax cameras - you just have to check, if specific camera uses
AA or Li-Ion.

> Most use SD cards. Olympus still uses xD and Sony uses Memory Sticks.

    Just for information - my Pentax Option E50 would no longer mount
on Lenny - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=501935
Basically, the problem is, that some digital cameras (most Nikons and at
least some Pentax ones) report incorrect sector count - 1 more then there
really is. And in Lenny this caused problems.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee