Re: digital camera recomendations

On Sat February 14 2009, Mike McClain wrote:
> I'm in the market for an inexpensive digital camera.
> Just for snapshots and was wondering if anyone had recommendations
> or knows where I could find which are going to work with Debian.
> Just something simple with USB, AA batteries and that uses a generic
> mem card.

when you say "generic" memory card.. just a small FYI. As I found out when I
added an 8Gb card for my mp3 player. Neither one of my PCs with SD slots
would recognize it. for anything over 4Gb you need it to be an HDSC capable
slot, not just SD..  My camera has the USB cable to PC, so it will transfer
just fine, but I made the mistake of trying to plug in the 8GB card from the
MP3 player directly into the PC, and that didn't work. As long as you can
just plug the camera into the PC using the USB cable it just work fine.

For my camera I use digikam app , fire up digikam, and tell it to import from
USB-camera, and it brings up a nice window with all the pictures on the
camera that you can select from to transfer/delete..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800