Re: digital camera recomendations

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:30 -0800, Mike McClain wrote:
> I'm in the market for an inexpensive digital camera.
> Just for snapshots and was wondering if anyone had recommendations
> or knows where I could find which are going to work with Debian.
> Just something simple with USB, AA batteries and that uses a generic
> mem card.
> Thanks,
> Mike

I work at a nationwide chain of Camera/Imaging stores.

AA batteries are used in Nikon, Canon and Fuji's and Panasonic. Best to
go with rechargeable batteries.

Most use SD cards. Olympus still uses xD and Sony uses Memory Sticks.

All are capable of producing snap shots. Have a look at the Fuji J150W,
although it does not use AA's, we moved a lot of them at the holiday and
people are very pleased with the product.

Nikon L18's are +/- 119$

Have a look at Canon A series, also.