Re: How to find uninstallable packages in apptiude?

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 05:08:40PM -0800, S D <sundimi@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
> Is there a way to get a list of uninstallable packages in aptitude? Something like "aptitude search ..." that would return a list of packages that were installed in the past but are currently uninstallable.

  I'm not sure quite what you're looking for.

  If you want a list of installed packages that have no candidate
version, run "aptitude search ?obsolete".

  If you want a list of packages that have only configuration files
remaining and that have no candidate version, run
"aptitude search ?config-files?not(?version(CANDIDATE))".

  If you want a list of packages that aren't installed and have no
available version, I'm not sure that's possible.  You might try
"aptitude search ?not(?virtual)?not(?reverse-provides(?true))".
On my computer that returns nothing.

  If you want a list of packages that cannot be installed, I'm sure
that's not possible.

  Daniel