Re: digital camera recomendations

On 02/18/2009 11:34 AM, Mike McClain wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 04:40:04PM +0000, kj wrote:
Mike McClain wrote:
I'm in the market for an inexpensive digital camera.
<snip>
Out of curiosity, why AA? Losing the AA will give you a much more compact camera. Very few cameras accept AA batteries these days anyway. Either ways, just get a USB card reader - they can be had for a few bucks and show up as a generic mass storage device, regardless of the type of card.

AA batteries are cheap, readily available and I can get NiCad and NiMH. Custom rechargable battery packs are like printer ink cartridges.

My Kodak Z8612IS can use either AA or CR-V3, takes good pics, and gthumb recognizes it.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification