Re: Using Stable Dist modify repos to install/update xen from testing

2009/2/18 Roberto Mason <debian@rmasonfamily.info>:
> Ooops, wanted to post to the community instead of directly to Mr. Cohen,
> sorry Mr. Cohen, I'll be careful next time :). Here's the repost

> Subject: Re: Using Stable Dist modify repos to install/update xen from
>  testing
> From:    "Roberto Mason" <debian@rmasonfamily.info>
> Date:    Tue, February 17, 2009 1:05 pm
> To:      "Tzafrir Cohen" <tzafrir@cohens.org.il>
>
> I just downloaded Lenny before it became stable, and I installed it. it's
> rc2 if I remember correctly. I didn't know they would make it stable the
> day after. I've installed it. with the update and what not, Do I have to
> install Lenny 5.0 stable. I think not. The updates to the release
> candidate make it the stable version I assume.

It would be advisable to change your sources.list to include lenny
sources and security.
Bring your system up to the latest stable.

aptitude update && aptitude safe-upgrade && aptitude clean

RC's aren't stable they are a release candidate, to make sure the
system works as put together.
On that RC install, some of the packages would have since had security
patches applied to them.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.