Re: Restoring file permissions from package database?

Douglas, thanks!

> Some packages come with /etc files in the deb, others create the
> /etc files in their install script.  To use the packages, you'd have to
> look in the deb for the files or in their scripts.
>
> To look into debs, I use midnight commander.
Okay, but in any case there is nothing like dpkg-reconfigure to restore permissions, I take it?!

> You could alwasy ask someone to give you an ls -alR /etc.
The "ls -alR /etc" is what I had in mind with a VM that would have all the packages.

// Oliver
DDKWizard and DDKBUILD: <http://ddkwizard.assarbad.net>

Trunk (potentially unstable) version: <http://ddkwizard.assarbad.net/trunk/ddkbuild.cmd>