Re: DVD install question

2009/2/17 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> On 02/16/2009 11:03 PM, M. Lewis wrote:
>>
>> Prior to the release of Lenny, I downloaded one of the Lenny release
>> candidate DVD's and installed via a network install from DVD #1.
>
> Congrats.  None of the Lenny DVDs I downloaded ever succeeded in doing a
> proper install.  Only the CDs worked.

I always considered the DVD images as the same as the CD images, the
only difference being the number of packages included on the media. I
always assumed that the debian-installer part would be the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

>> Is this still possible with the released version of Lenny? Or do I need
>> all 5 of the DVD's?

The first media will in most cases give you a fully functioning system.
If you require packages from non-free (for intel wireless :-( etc.)
and don't have access to a network connection during install then you
will need to download any extra packages and store them on a media you
will be able to access.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.