Re: Lenny?

Bob Cox wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 13:02:04 -0600, Kent West (westk@acu.edu) wrote:
>

>>> The package is there in stable, testing and unstable as far as I can
>>> see.  Perhaps the mirror you are using has been slow to update.
>>>
>>> bob@trantor:~$ apt-cache policy debian-archive-keyring
>>> debian-archive-keyring:
>>>   Installed: 2009.01.31
>>>   Candidate: 2009.01.31
>>>   Version table:
>>>  *** 2009.01.31 0
>>>         990 http://ftp.uk.debian.org testing/main Packages
>>>         500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org stable/main Packages
>>>         500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>>

> If it helps, it does look like the 2007.07.31 version for etch you are
> quoting is correct:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=etch&keywords=debian-archive-keyring

So I am correct in believing that someone who is upgrading from an etch
stable system to Lenny will be presented with this quandary that he
can't trust the Lenny repository until he first trusts the Lenny repository?

Seems like an oversight to me, but I'm pretty ignorant, so maybe not.

--
Kent West                           <")))><