Re: Lenny?

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 08:47:06 -0600, Kent West wrote:
>
>>> 2009/2/15 Kent West:
>>>
>>> Should this be happening?
>>>

> [...]
>

>> westk[@]goshen]:/home/westk:> sudo apt-get update
>> Password:
>>

> [...]
>

>> W: There is no public key available for the following key IDs:
>> 4D270D06F42584E6
>> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>>

> Check the version of your debian-archive-keyring package; the newest one
> (2009.01.31) has this key:
>
> $ gpg --keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg --list-key 4D270D06F42584E6
> pub   1024D/F42584E6 2008-04-06 [expires: 2012-05-15]
> uid                  Lenny Stable Release Key <debian-release AT lists DOT debian DOT org>

On my etch box, this package was not installed. So I installed it (and
most all, if not all, of Gnome was removed as part of the process
(?!!)). Now I have this version:

Sun Feb 15     11:35:06
-------------
westk[@]goshen]:/home/westk:> sudo aptitude show debian-archive-keyring
Unable to find an archive "stable" for the package "debian-archive-keyring"
Package: debian-archive-keyring
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2007.07.31~etch1
 The Debian project digitally signs its Release files. This package
contains the archive keys used for that.

Tags: admin::file-distribution, role::data, security::authentication,
suite::debian

And if I enable Lenny in my sources.list and do another update, I still
have the same problem.

So it seems to me that there's no ("normal, everyday-user") way to
validate that the Lenny packages are valid without first installing a
Lenny package which you can't be sure is valid.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

--
Kent West                           <")))><