Re: Lenny?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 11:09:03PM -0800, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Girish Kulkarni wrote:
>
>> What is the typical timescale in which web site update and
>> upgrade/installation documentation come up?  Can I change "etch" to
>> "lenny" in my sources.list to upgrade?

Yes. Lenny is already in the mirrors. It's just not called "stable". And
it is anyway a good idea not to use the names 'stable' and 'testing' in
sources.list .

> I did that months ago. Make sure you do it in text mode and first do
> "aptitude upgrade" after that's done then do "aptitude full-upgrade", if
> you already know this then disregard my comments. :)

Start with:

  aptitude install aptitude

This will upgrade apt, dpkg, aptitude, libc6 and some other stuff.
Generally newer apt/aptitude is more apt in handling upgrades.