Re: rc.local is not executed

Mike McClain wrote:
> So my questions to you who have an installed /etc/rc.local are which
> package did it come from and how does it get executed?

/etc/init.d/rc.local is included with the initscripts package, and it executes
/etc/rc.local if it exists.

/etc/init.d/rc.local is symlinked to the appropriate /etc/rcX.d/ directory
(where X is the runlevel) and is executed when entering that runlevel.

This is the case in Lenny and -- I think -- in Etch. I don't know about before that.

- Chris B