Re: -- SPAM -- rc.local is not executed

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 07:03:32PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Mike McClain:
> > On Sun, 08 Feb 2009, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> Everything in my rc.local works like a champ.
> >
> > I'm curious how this works for you but not for Mr. Belahcene and not for me.
> >
> > I've a Debian 4.0 (Etch mostly) system with sysv-rc installed
> > and /etc/rc.local is not called by default.
>
> And you are sure you removed the "exit 0" line at the beginning of the
> file? :)
>
> J.

OK I take it back, it wasn't egg just my face after all.

mike@/deb40a:~> cat /etc/rc.local
#!/bin/sh
#   /deb40a/etc/rc.local    just for testing Feb 9 2009
echo "running /deb40a/etc/rc.local " $(date) > /root/rc.local.running
mike@/deb40a:~> ls -l /etc/rc.local
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 137 Feb 14 06:46 /etc/rc.local

after rebooting there is no /root/rc.local.running
root@/deb40a:~> ls /root/rc.local.running
ls: /root/rc.local.running: No such file or directory

root@/deb40a:~> grep -R rc.local /etc/*
only shows the call in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh that I put there to
call my /root/bin/rc.local and the contents of the above mentioned
/etc/rc.local that I just generated which doesn't get executed.

So my questions to you who have an installed /etc/rc.local are which
package did it come from and how does it get executed?

Thanks,
Mike