Re: No-Script, was: Re: [OT] google earth 5.0

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/09/2009 02:19 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
>> Ron Johnson on 05/02/09 12:43, wrote:
>>> On 02/05/2009 03:40 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
> [snip]

>>> Please expound.
>>
>> In terms of speed - with No-script disabled, the javascript on many
>> websites causes FF to lock up completely for 10, 20 or even 30 seconds
>> (and without even displaying anything to read).
>
> Really?  How old of a machine?

I can give one example: in Icepae (Debian Testing) it takes around 30
seconds to get Slashdot page loaded partially when Iceape then tells me
that the web page has a script running that is taking a bit too long. I
then tell noscript to stop that script. End result, around 30 seconds to
load this web page.

This is on a 1.9 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 1.25 GB RAM.

On a newer machine that web page loads within some seconds, around 5 or
so if I am not wrong.

->HS

ever having been read.