Re: No-Script, was: Re: [OT] google earth 5.0

On 02/05/2009 03:40 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
Paul Cartwright on 03/02/09 12:42, wrote:
On Tue February 3 2009, Ron Johnson wrote:
That page never shows up although NoScript has the permissions set, it
is related to that, because as another user who does not have the
NoScript plugin the page *did* show up.
Aggravations like this are why I deinstalled NoScript on my Linux
box.  (ABP and Flashblock are trusted friends, though.)

I would have to second that motion.. I used to use No-script, but it just got inthe way more than it helped.. sites that I NEED to get to on a regular basis were just to hard to deal with.

On my old machine I couldn't run FF tolerably without No-script.

Please expound.

If I ever have problems, I just click the icon and choose 'allow scripts globally' and also right-click ABP and uncheck 'enable ABP'.

You can never predict what's coming from where or whether the page is just broken, and I find ABP just as much to blame as no-script when it

Yes, I sometimes must add ABP exceptions, but only on a tiny fraction of pages compared to NS.

goes wrong.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification