Re: No-Script, was: Re: [OT] google earth 5.0

Ron Johnson on 05/02/09 12:43, wrote:
On 02/05/2009 03:40 AM, Adam Hardy wrote:
Paul Cartwright on 03/02/09 12:42, wrote:
On Tue February 3 2009, Ron Johnson wrote:
That page never shows up although NoScript has the permissions set, it
is related to that, because as another user who does not have the
NoScript plugin the page *did* show up.
Aggravations like this are why I deinstalled NoScript on my Linux
box.  (ABP and Flashblock are trusted friends, though.)

I would have to second that motion.. I used to use No-script, but it just got inthe way more than it helped.. sites that I NEED to get to on a regular basis were just to hard to deal with.

On my old machine I couldn't run FF tolerably without No-script.

Please expound.

In terms of speed - with No-script disabled, the javascript on many websites causes FF to lock up completely for 10, 20 or even 30 seconds (and without even displaying anything to read).

I don't have javascript allowed for more than a couple of websites by default. I often have to allow it to do certain things, but then disallow it again afterwards to get the page load time back down.

The downside of course is all the dumb websites which have programmed html forms to submit using javascript - totally unnecessary.