Re: Audio on Lenny becomes chirps, then loses human voices?

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:01:15PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:
> So on my Lenny system, I was playing a couple movies using xine-ui.
>
> And in mid-video, the sound track was replaced by little irritating chirps.
>
> Stopping xine and restarting doesn't help.  Even a video that was just
> playing right now comes out with little chirps.  And so does every video,
> played with mplayer, xine, totem, or vlc.
>
> And audio tracks played with audacious have audible music, but only the
> barest trace of any spoken words?
>
> What on earth could CAUSE that?
>
> Well, I'm off to reboot.

OK, xine really does sometimes start chirping.  The longer-term cross-player
problem, however, was caused by my leaning back too far and partially
unplugging my headphones.  Sorry.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!