Re: several webs in teh same apache

Jesus arteche:

> I'd like to know how i could redirect several webs to same Apache server,
> now what I've got is several webs in the same apache server, and i can
> access to them by the following way:

Your terminology is *really* weird. If you learn the common terms, it is
easier to help you.

> www.web1.midomain.com/ --> access to the web 1
>
> www.web2.midominio.com/ --> access to the 2

You need two VirtualHost sections in your configuration. Something like
this:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.web1.midomain.com
    DocumentRoot /srv/www/web1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.web2.midomain.com
    DocumentRoot /srv/www/web2
</VirtualHost>

> The problem is that the 2 webs are in teh same Apache in the same machine
> with the same IP, I had tought that i can redirect to the apache by several
> ports...by how can i do that and haw can i do that  the client wont see the
> port i mean www.web1.mydomain.com:444...i dont want the client see the port.

HTTP clients send a special header to the server which mentions which
domain name they want to talk to. Apache simply dispatches requests
according to this name. No need for distinct ports.

J.
--
A passionate argument means more to me than a blockbuster movie.
[Agree]   [Disagree]