Re: ext4 as default FS ?

On 01/25/2009 08:30 AM, Micha Feigin wrote:
[snip]

My guess is that it would take some time, since it was converted from ext4dev
to ext4 in kernel 2.6.28 (not yet in debian), which means that it would be

It's in "trunk", accessed via "-t experimental".

deb http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel trunk main

considered stable enough for a production system probably only around 2.6.29 or
2.6.30 and then you also need grub2 to become the default, dropping grub.

As other people said, there is also no support in rescue disks (I had a problem
with setting up grub when I moved to ext4 and I was lucky that the swap
partition was big enough for another installation so that I could rescue that
one).

It's why my /boot, / and /home are still ext3, but converted /data to ext4.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA