Re: help with mlterm

On 23:18 Sun 25 Jan     , David Purton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get mlterm to work in the way I want for a mixed Hebrew
> and English environment.

I am interested in using  hebrew as well. You seem much more advanced than I, can I ask you some questions?

I am still at a beginning level. I have difficulty  using my usual tools.
I use emacs usually. Unfortunately
emacs only shows me 'square boxes' when i open a file with hebrew in it.
If however i do
emacs -nw hebrew-file
then it will open with hebrew text displayed (backwards :().

if i open emacs -fn heb10x20 hebrew-file i get
No fonts match `heb10x20'
emacs -fn heb8x13 hebrew-file

it will display hebrew text (backwards of course) and not right justified like in  gedit and kedit.

I have been using gedit and kedit which seem to work, but they are not my choice editors...

I see that you advocate xetex.

Can you describe what you do to set your favorite hebrew writing environment?

I  see that Tzafrir likes vim.  What do you  think?

Any good hints on using xetex?

How do you do vowels?

thanks,

Mitchell