Re: ext4 as default FS ?

Γιώργος Πάλλας wrote, on 2009-01-25 22:01:
Does anybody know when (and if) will ext4 be the default installation
filesystem of debian testing?

Besides what the previous respondent said about the need for working rescue disks, I believe that there is still more work required in GRUB for it to properly identify and read ext4 file systems.

Also, as one who has found out the hard way how to use ext3grep to recover files, I would not want to use a new file system unless it had tools to recover deleted but not overwritten files.

Arthur.