Re: What does support mean? (Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account)

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:40:39AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:43:28PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:43:07PM +0000, Bob Cox wrote:
> > > I have used Postfix for years (I have a static IP etc and send and
> > > receive direct-to-mx) but no doubt exim would do the job just as well
> > > and as it's the Debian default it really should have more support
> > > available on this list.
> >
> > The last clause of that sentence indicates a deep misunderstanding.
> >
> > As more people go from Windoze --> Ubuntu --> Debian, it becomes more
> > important to not nurture the idea that debian-user is *the* front line
> > help desk.
> You seem to confuse Bob Cox for the OP.

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/01/msg02168.html

But please, It was not meant as a character assassination.

> If you read the context, you'll see that Bob actually pointed out a
> specific technical issue, and then hoped someone more exprinced with
> Exim will comment.

The clause "as it's the Debian default it really should have more
support available on this list."

Also, just because Exim4 is the Debian default, why does that mean it
should have *more* "support" than, say, postfix or any other MTA.

Hope this explains.

                                           -- Stephen F Roberts