Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account

* Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com> [2009 Jan 22 02:59 -0600]:
> Are you sure this is an exim-specific problem?  I know little about
> exim, using postfix for my servers which talk to the outside world, but
> this line:
>
> "553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts"
>
> .. means that smtp.starfieldtech.com will not relay for you.  Just
> because the error comes immediately after RCPT TO does not mean that
> n0nb@n0nb.us is what starfieldtech is objecting to.  You have an empty
> MAIL FROM - is that the problem?  (You also have a non-resolving EHLO,
> but that probably does not matter).

Well, I re-enabled esmtp as my MTA in Mutt and it works splendidly with
a very simple config file--four lines.  There are some compromises such
as no delivery of local mail and Mutt has to wait until the SMTP
transaction is complete.  Also my muttrc has the following line:

my_hdr From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>

So, if Exim isn't showing a proper "From:" line, then I'd say Exim is
broken.

Perhaps I ought to check out Postfix and cut my losses on Exim4.

- Nate >>