Re: What does support mean? (Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account)

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 01:18:00 +1300, Chris Bannister (mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz) wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 10:40:39AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > >
> > > The last clause of that sentence indicates a deep misunderstanding.
> > >
> > > As more people go from Windoze --> Ubuntu --> Debian, it becomes more
> > > important to not nurture the idea that debian-user is *the* front line
> > > help desk.
> >
> > You seem to confuse Bob Cox for the OP.
>
> Huh?
>
> See http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/01/msg02168.html
>
> But please, It was not meant as a character assassination.
>
> > If you read the context, you'll see that Bob actually pointed out a
> > specific technical issue, and then hoped someone more exprinced with
> > Exim will comment.
>
> The clause "as it's the Debian default it really should have more
> support available on this list."
>
> http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=209844
> and
> http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/README/README.Debian.html#id226635
> respectively.
>
> Also, just because Exim4 is the Debian default, why does that mean it
> should have *more* "support" than, say, postfix or any other MTA.
>
> Hope this explains.

Oh dear.  I apologise for my sloppy grammar.  When I said "as it's the
Debian default it really should have more support available on this
list",  I did *not* mean that it "ought have more support" - I meant
that I assumed there *would* be more support available - simply because
of its greater number of users.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.