Re: apt-get upgrade error: package `coreutils' contains empty filename ?

I've pulled the flash drive, and ran e2fsck on it, correcting the
errors that it found.  I also emptied out a number of corrupt .list
files, as suggested earlier.
This is the error I get now:

# apt-get --reinstall install coreutils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 60 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/3181kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
(Reading database ... 21229 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace coreutils 5.97-5.3 (using
.../coreutils_5.97-5.3_arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement coreutils ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/coreutils_5.97-5.3_arm.deb (--unpack):
 unable to install (supposed) new info file
`/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/md5sums': Is a directory