Re: apt-get upgrade error: package `coreutils' contains empty filename ?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 07:37:29PM -0800, Eric Higgins <erichiggins@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> Ah ha, now we are getting somewhere:
>
> It looks like the coreutils.list file has a script instead of a
> filelist. How do I go about fixing this for my system?

  It looks like it got replaced by the postinst for wamerican.  You
could just replace it with an empty file and then reinstall coreutils,
but you should be aware that this is probably some sort of filesystem
corruption.  It's possible that this is the only thing that's wrong
and that you won't see any more problems, but I wouldn't count on it.
It's probably a good idea to back up any important data just in case
the situation gets worse.

  Just out of curiosity: what happened to the postinst for wamerican?
It should be /var/lib/dpkg/info/wamerican.postinst.

  Daniel