Re: sound card not detected

I think this card needs the snd-intel8x0 module, not snd-hda-intel.
Hmmm. It seems you are right.

That would have been the right moment to ask for help here.
First I always try to solve myself. And I could do it on my other computer 2 months ago...

You seem to have a broken mix of the Debian and the non-Debian ALSA
modules. Can you revert to a clean Lenny install?
I do not know how to revert to a clean Lenny install.
Is it:
1. "make uninstall" for each installed-from-the-source alsa stuff?
2. aptitude install 'alsa-packages'
???

Thanks!
tamas